- Do most of your skincare at night - The skin repairs itself overnight. Stick to a light cleanser, moisturizer and sunblock in the morning.
- Massage rather than slather on your moisturizer - First of all it feels good, second of all it promotes circulation which helps with the absorption of the moisturizer and gives the appearance of tighter younger skin...but don’t rub too hard though!
- Don’t use more than 2-3 products at a time - some people have a 5, 7, 10 step skincare routine...but why? Using more products isn’t always a good thing. Too many products can clog pores (especially if the moisturizers aren’t noncomedogenic...Shea Butter is noncomedogenic) Plus, certain ingredients don’t if well and actually cancels out the benefits.
- Catch some zzz’s - Sleep is important! Get your 8 hours because when you are sleep the body releases human growth hormone which is a necessary ingredient for collagen production and can help clear up your skin.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate - Do I have to even explain this one? You need to hydrate inside and out. Take your weight and divide it by two to identify the number of ounces of water you should drink per day. However, drinking water alone won't give you the flawless, youthful-looking skin of your dreams. Spritz yourself with water throughout the day (I recommend rose water) and always have a damp face when putting on your moisturizer.
In the era of photoshop beauty and instafilters we are barraged with images of perfect, poreless, wrinkle free skin. Um, that’s not real life okay? Everyone has flaws. BUT, there are ways that you can improve your skin to make it healthier and more resilient without breaking the bank.