Toe fungus is a common condition that affects many people worldwide. It can be embarrassing and prevent you from wearing open shoes or sandals. Here are 5 ways to get rid of Toe fungus naturally:
What is Toe Fungus
Toe fungus is a relatively common condition that can be difficult to treat. Although there are many different kinds of fungal infections, it is common for people to refer to all of them as “toe fungus”. But there are many different kinds of fungal infections, which can occur in different places on the body. For example, jock itch is a type of fungal infection that typically affects the groin area. Athlete’s foot is another kind of fungal infection. It often affects the feet and toes, but it can also cause infection in or around the nails.
Causes of Toe Fungus
Toe fungus, also known as onychomycosis, is a fungal infection of the toenails or fingernails. It is very common in the United States, affecting one out of every five people.
Toe nail fungus can be caused by a number of different things. Some of the most common causes of toe nail fungus include:
- Small cuts or breaks in the skin
- Sweaty feet
- Weakened immune system
- Wearing shoes that do not give your toes enough room to breathe and dry out after you exercise or play sports.
Symptoms of a Fungal Nail Infection
Fungal infections can be mild, acute or chronic. When the fungus attacks the toenails, it begins to thicken and discolor the nails. The infection may start as a yellow or white spot under the tip of the toe nail and slowly spreads outwards and downwards towards the cuticle. The appearance of yellow or white spots on your fingernails could be an indication of a fungal infection, which needs to be treated
How to Treat Your Toe Fungus Naturally
There are many myths about nail fungus, but there are also ways to naturally get rid of it. Here are three ways you can do just that.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Apple cider vinegar is a natural antiseptic that will disinfect the toe nails, preventing the infection to spread further. It will also help remove the dead skin cells, which is where the fungus has been living in. Mix two cups of water with one cup of apple cider vinegar daily until you see improvement.
2. Tea Tree Oil - Tea tree oil has been used for years in alternative medicine as a natural remedy for fungal infections of the nails. It is believed that tea tree oil works by making it difficult for fungi to stick to the nail plate.
3. Diet and Nutrition - A study shows that diet and nutrition are directly linked to the risk of getting nail fungus. It has been shown that eating a well-balanced diet rich in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients may help protect your skin from developing nail fungus.