What is black soap?
Authentic African Black Soap is made by women from Ghana, Nigeria and neighboring African countries. It is made from locally harvested sun-dried African fruits and plants. The ingredients are then roasted in a pot for hours. The roasting process is what gives the black soap it deep rich color.
Ingredients in Raw African Black Soap
Authentic African black soap is made from the following ingredients:
- Cocoa Pod – Cocoa pods have anti-inflammatory properties that are excellent when treating eczema, dermatitis, acne and other skin conditions. It is also rich in antioxidants that help to stave off premature aging. Amazingly it also firms and tightens skin as well as repairs damaged skin cells.
- Plantain & Palm Leaves– These leaves are high in vitamin A and E. It is well known that vitamin E protects the skin and is a powerful antioxidant. Vitamin A increases collagen production. These leaves also contain allatonin, (also found in Shea butter) that helps rejuvenate skin cells thereby reducing the visibility of scars and blemishes.
- Palm Kernel Oil/Palm Oil – This oil is high in lauric acid. Lauric acid is a super house when it comes to being an antibacterial agent. Additionally, this oil boost two forms of vitamin E - tocotrienol and tocopherol. Both forms of vitamin E help to fight free radicals and UV damage as well as promote cell regeneration. Lastly, Palm oil is an anti-inflammatory and is also useful in treating skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Shea/Cocoa Butter – These butters are high in essential fatty acids, vitamins A, E, and K. They are known to be excellent moisturizers while helping to fade dark spots and even skin tones. Also, these butters can help to heal damaged skin, sooth sores and burns. As if that wasn't enough they are anti-inflammatory and can be used to treat the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
How do I know my black soap is real or fake?
There are many different versions of black soap on the market. Since its renewed popularity several companies have tried to recreate it so that it can be mass produced. Unfortunately that means that the market is flooded with black soap that has been mixed with harsh chemicals that ARE NOT found in traditional black soap. Here are some key differences between REAL black soap and fake black soap:
- Real African Black soap doesn't have a smooth texture - Black soap is all natural and unprocessed so it tends to be chunky and doesn't have a standard shape.
- Real African Black soap isn't actually black in color - Black soap is actually a dark brown or tan colors with all variations in between. The color usually depends on how long the ingredients were roasted.
- Real Black soap is pliable - Black soap is soft and crumbles or breaks apart easily.
Fake Black Soap
Real Black Soap
What are the benefits of black soap
Black soap is made with all natural ingredients which is why it is able to hold on to all of its health benefits. It is good for all skin types and leaves you feeling refreshed and moisturized.
Commercialized black soap found in the stores often have chemicals such as peroxide, aluminum oxide, magnesium and silicons in them. These ingredients can be overly harsh and irritate existing skin conditions.
Does Fra Fra's Naturals carry REAL Black soap?
YES! Fra Fra's Naturals only carries 100% real organic, raw, unprocessed African black soap. Both our liquid and solid black soap is REAL black soap imported directly from Ghana. We guarantee that we will always provide you with the best organic quality black soap available that has been made by the local women according to ancient customs.
As usual, before using African Black soap make sure that you are not allergic to any of it's ingredients.